Tinted Bulk Carnations - Require 7 Days Advance Notice
Need to raise money for a fundraiser? Need hardy flowers that are affordable and profitable? Try our wholesale tinted carnations! Carnations are an incredibly hardy flower, and we can tint them in wide variety of colors so you are guaranteed to find the perfect option for your event. Want more than 1 color of carnations? We allow you to select up to 4 different colors. If you wish to order more than 1 color, please contact us at (207) 618-7618 to place this order. Not sure what colors to order? Just select the assorted option and let our farm select up to 4 seasonal colors. Our carnations are 18 - 24 inches long.
Our flowers are shipped directly from the farm, making them extremely fresh! They are cut and shipped the same day ensuring their quality and freshness. We are so sure you will love your flowers that we provide a 100% guarantee of quality. They will arrive in bud form and will need a few days to fully open up. We recommend that you have your carnations delivered at least 2-3 days BEFORE your event or sale date to ensure they are fully open.
Carnations are very hardy and long-lived flowers. It is perfectly normal for Carnations to look thirsty or "tired" upon arrival. They will perk up once they receive a "fresh cut" to their stems and have time to drink up freshwater. Once they arrive, all you need to do is remove them from their boxes, cut about 1/2 - 1" off the bottom of their stems, and place them in water. Store your carnations in a cool room, out of direct sunlight, away from drafts or excessive temperatures, and let them open up naturally. If cared for properly, Tinted Carnations have an average vase life of 8 - 10 days.
Depending upon the effect you are looking for, our custom tinted carnations may either be tinted (meaning they are dyed intravenously where the flowers vascular system drinks up the dye) or they may be painted (meaning the colors are painted in an air brush type technique. Traditionally tinted, or dyed, carnations may experience some inconsistency in coloring and tones between flowers as they are natural products and react differently to the tints. As carnations absorb the tint through their vascular system you may notice that their cut stems, veins, and leaves may also become colored. In addition, once given a fresh cut and placed in clean water, you may notice some of the dye coloring the water. This is normal and not a cause for concern. The tint/dye will not rub off of the petals of the flower, however, the color may bleed off onto hands or clothing where stems are cut, leaves are torn off, or if they are wet. This can stain clothing. We recommend wearing gloves when working with tinted/dyed flowers.
Carnations that are painted do not absorb the color. Therefore, the stems and leaves will retain their normal color and this will not rub off on clothes or hands. Again, because each flower is unique, their may be some variation in coloring using the paint technique, however, it will not rub off of the flower.
Tinted Carnations Must Be Ordered With At Least 7 Days Advance Notice!! Free Shipping is included in the price, with a 100% guarantee of quality.
Tinted Carnation Care instructions:
- As soon as you receive your flowers, open their box(es) and cut strapping to remove flowers.
- Standard Carnations are shipped in grower's bunches, each bunch containing 25 stems per bunch.
- Stem Length approx 18 - 24 inches
- Remove any foliage that will fall below the water line from the bottom of the stem. Any foliage that falls below the waterline will form bacteria and affect your flowers' life and the blooming process.
- Cut 1/2 to 1 inch off the bottom of each stem, preferably at an angle, and immediately place in the prepared water.
- Place flowers in fresh, cool water out of direct sunlight, and away from heat sources or drafts. Use of Floral food is recommended, but not required. Let Carnations hydrate for at least 4 hours before arranging, 12 or more hours is recommended.
- Check water levels frequently. Fresh cut flowers consume a lot of water when hydrating. Keep water levels high and water fresh. Again, because of the dyes used in tinting carnations, you may notice the hydrating water will change color. This is normal and will not hurt the carnation. Simply replace the water frequently with clean, fresh water. We recommend every 24 hours.
- You may receive carnations that are still in bud form. They will open naturally following this process over 2 - 3 days. If you need to open them sooner, place freshly cut carnation stems in very warm (not hot) water and in a warm (not hot) room while hydrating. You may need to refresh with warm water after 3-4 hours.
- If you need the carnations to open sooner, you may "force" the bloom by gently rolling the base of the carnation head between your thumb and forefinger. Gently roll carnation bloom back and forth, and lightly "fluff" open the petals until the carnation head opens. Immediately place in cool water.
- Each Standard Carnation stem features 1 bloom (on average, 2 inches in diameter)
- Suggested Deliver Date 2-3 Days Before Use Date