Theta Chi - Red Carnation
Use red carnations to make your fraternity's' functions and fundraisers more personal. Our carnations are shipped directly from the farm, ensuring only the freshest, highest quality flowers available. Because they are farm fresh, the carnations may arrive in bud form. They will need a few days to fully open up. We recommend that you have your carnations delivered at least 2-3 days BEFORE your event or sale date to ensure they are fully open.
Carnations are very hardy, long-lived flowers. It is perfectly normal for Carnations to look thirsty or "tired" upon arrival. They will perk up once they receive a "fresh cut" to their stems and time to drink up freshwater. Once they arrive, remove them from their boxes, cut about 1/2 - 1" off the bottom of their stems, and place them in water. Store your carnations in a cool room, out of direct sunlight, away from drafts or excessive temperatures, and let them open up naturally. If cared for properly, Carnations have an average vase life of 8 - 10 days.
Wholesale Carnations Must Be Ordered With At Least 4 Days Advance Notice!! Free Shipping is included in the price, with a 100% guarantee of quality.
Standard Carnation Care instructions:
- As soon as you receive your flowers, open their box(es) and cut strapping to remove flowers.
- Standard Carnations are shipped in grower's bunches, each bunch containing 25 stems per bunch.
- Stem Length approx 18 - 24 inches
- Remove any green foliage that will fall below the water line from the bottom of the stem. Any foliage that falls below the waterline will form bacteria and affect your flowers' life and the blooming process.
- Cut 1/2 to 1 inch off the bottom of each stem, preferably at an angle, and immediately place in the prepared water.
- Place flowers in fresh, cool water out of direct sunlight, extreme temperatures, and drafts. Use of Floral food is recommended. Let Carnations hydrate for at least 4 hours before arranging, 12 or more hours is recommended.
- Check water levels frequently. Fresh cut flowers consume a lot of water when hydrating. Keep water levels high and water fresh.
- You may receive carnations that are still in bud form. They will open naturally following this process over 2 - 3 days. If you need to open them sooner, place freshly cut carnation stems in very warm (not hot) water and in a warm (not hot) room while hydrating. You may need to refresh with warm water after 3-4 hours.
- If you need the carnations to open sooner, you may "force" the bloom by gently rolling the base of the carnation head between your thumb and forefinger. Gently roll carnation bloom back and forth, and lightly "fluff" open the petals until the carnation head opens. Immediately place in cool water.
- Each Standard Carnation stem features 1 bloom (on average, 2 inches in diameter)
- Suggested Deliver Date 2- 3 Days Before Use Date