Dia De Los Muertos Assorted Colored Carnations - Require 7 Days Advance Notice
Looking for a fun Fall fundraiser? Try our wholesale Dia De Los Muertos colored carnations! Flowers are an integral part of Dia De Los Muertos celebrations - so selling flowers in the traditional colors is a great opportunity for your organization. We offer three different color combinations for you to choose from that contain the fun, festive colors typically used in decorating for this holiday. However, if you would prefer to have different colors included in your combination, just give us a call at (207) 618-7618 and we can customize a package just for you.
Our Custom Tinted Carnations are intravenously tinted (meaning they drink up the tint in water through their stems). This may cause some variation and inconsistency in coloring and tones between flowers as they are natural products and react differently to tints. Since the Carnations are absorbing the tint from their cut stems, veins, branches and leaves of the mums may also show tinting. The tint will not rub off of the petals, however color may bleed off onto hands or clothing where stems are cut, leaves are torn off and if they are wet. This can stain clothing. We recommend you wear gloves when working with tinted flowers.
Our flowers are shipped direct from the farm, making them extremely fresh! We are so sure you will love your flowers that we provide a 100% guarantee of quality. They may arrive in bud form and will need a few days to fully open up. We recommend that you have your carnations delivered at least 3-5 days BEFORE your event or sale date to ensure they are fully open. Carnations are a very hardy and long lived flower. All you need to do once they arrive is remove them from their boxes, cut about 1/4 - 1/2" off the bottom of their stems and place them in water. Store your carnations in a cool room, out of direct sunlight and let them open up naturally.
Wholesale Carnations Must Be Ordered At Least 7 Days Before Your Delivery Date!! Free Shipping is included in the price, with a 100% guarantee of quality. As these are farm direct from South America, you must have someone there to sign for your package when it arrives!
Carnation Cut Flower Care Instructions:
- Open box and cut strapping to remove flowers.
- Carnations are shipped in grower's bunches, each bunch containing 25 stems of carnations.
- Stem Length approx 18 - 24 inches
- Remove any green foliage that will fall below the water line from the bottom of the stem (foliage that falls below the water level will form bacteria and reduce the life of your flowers).
- Cut 1/2 to 1 inch off the bottom of each carnation stem, preferably at an angle, and immediately place in prepared water.
- Place flowers in fresh, cool water out of direct sunlight, extreme temperatures and drafts. Use of Floral food is recommended. Let Carnations hydrate for at least 4 hours, 12 or more hours is recommended.
- Check water levels frequently. Fresh cut flowers consume a lot of water when hydrating. Keep water levels high and water fresh.
- Because these carnations are tinted, some of the dye used will color vase water. This is natural. Simply change the water frequently - at least every 48 hours. This will not harm the flowers.
- You may receive carnations that are still in bud form. They will open naturally following this process over 2 - 3 days. If you need to open them sooner, place freshly cut carnation stems in very warm (not hot) water and in a warm (not hot) room while hydrating. You may need to refresh with warm water after 3-4 hours.
- If you need the carnations to open sooner, you may "force" the bloom by gently rolling the base of the carnation head between your thumb and forefinger. Gently roll carnation bloom back and forth, and lightly "fluff" open the petals until the carnation head opens. Immediately place in cool water.
- Each Standard Carnation stem features 1 bloom (2 inches in diameter, on average)
- Suggested Deliver Date 2- 3 Days Before Use